Friday, October 12, 2007

Drawing Class - Week Two

Kevin


charcoal drawings of models--they were lit by strong spotlights so we'd have nice sharp easy-to-draw shadows on their clothes. I included the third photo as my half-hearted gesture toward indicating scale. The paper is abt 17x23, if you're wondering. This was the first I'd used charcoal. They're kind of weird to hold. Some people in my class used their fingers to smear it around & I swear they achieved photo-realistic effects for the flesh. Incredible! Meanwhile, I'm scribbling in the corner like it's a twig-shaped Marks-A-Lot.
I made a mistake on the hair in the second drawing. The model had black hair and I colored it black on the left side, where the light hits. It looks weird because black indicates shadow everywhere else. I should've outlined it and left the inside of the shape blank.

No comments: