Friday, October 12, 2007

Drawing Class - Week Four: figure + big setting of inanimate objects


my teacher told me "inanimate objects help your drawings of live figures, and live figures will help your drawings of inanimate objects." I think he might be right. It looks a lot better after he had me add more easels, etc., in the top right corner and draw in the "Exit" sign.



First, you draw the hair shape

then the head-ear-neck shape
(I was supposed to draw them separate from the hair shapes, and
not supposed to fill in the jaw line)

torso shape, arm shapes, pant shapes

Graphite pencil + oilbar + oil pastels, again.
After talking with me about this picture, my teacher asked if I was a Cancer. (I'm Pisces) "Ah yes," he said. "Same thing." I kind of love him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Renee, I am so glad you shared your blog with me. I loved your drawings. Especially the the horses at Met. I love the idea of not showing every horse in detail and leave a good amount of "negative space" I also loved the last painting you did. There is something very intimate about it. He has no face yet he looks very shy...I don't know, I am not a connoisseur of art but keep on drawing!
Let's have a cup of coffee sometime.