Thursday, April 30, 2009

Portraits II: #5


She was the greatest model we've had yet! She kept herself so still yet somehow maintained the intensity of her expression. I wish this painting had turned out better because I really enjoyed painting her. This was one of those pictures I screwed up at the end and couldn't manage to fix in time. She was so pretty.

When I turn the picture sideways or upside down, I can see the features apart from the whole, and I can remember what I really liked about parts of this painting while I was making it. When I step back and look at the whole, I wonder what I was thinking.

She's holding a Union Jack umbrella. I got tired of fixing the stripes as the umbrella shifted, so that's why they're gestured in on top of the previous attempts.

oil on 16x20 cotton duck canvas

No comments: