Friday, July 24, 2009

ASL Figure Painting: July 21-24

We lost a day when our model got sick and didn't turn up. Luckily, the replacement model was great and took the same pose for the rest of this second week of the pose.


I traded places with a friend and painted the model from the other side:


oil, 16x20 canvas board


And here I am back at the same easel where I did those other purple portraits from last week. Even with a different model, it really helps to have drawn the head a few times before in this same position.

There is a prettier painting underneath this one. Somebody in my class was a little bothered by how much I screwed it up a perfectly nice picture with all the patchiness on top of her skin. Well, people, I'm still learning here. It's going to happen more often than not.

oil, 9x12 canvas board

No comments: